Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Honeymoon Day 7 (Friday the 7th)

Up late today. Slept through breakfast. Had some fruit, yogurt, and granola left over from the wine and fruit basket. Hit the beach around 11:30 and it was nice the whole day for once. We had lunch at the beach bar at 12:30ish, I had the strip steak and Krista the chicken sandwich. Once back at our chairs I took out the kayak to work off some of lunch. While I was out in the bay I heard some commotion behind me and I turn around and its an old pirate ship. I felt like I was in Pirates of the Caribbean, which is actually being filmed up in the Bahamas as we speak. I also snorkeled in front of the dive shop, lots of fish and coral. Fun to see. Some people said jellyfish had started to come into the bay while they were out there, all about the size of tennis balls, but I didn't see any of those. We packed up around 3, and as we were walking back to Awa it started to rain, perfect timing on Krista's part. We then showered in the rain storm and read and napped unitl about 6. We then walked to the wine deck and took some pics of us, and the sunset. After that we went back and changed for dinner. Dinner was nice tonight because all but 3 guests at the resort when to the fish fry in the town of Anse La Raye so we basically had the whole restaurant to ourselves. I started with a garden salad with feta cheese and a basalmic dressing. The main course was NY Strip, Cajun fries, and veggies in a pinot noir reduction. It was very good. Krista and I both enjoyed it. We (I mean I) finished our bottle of Rose d' Anjou along with the carrot cake. Now I lay here a little tipsy, and a little sunburned. Tommorow is the last day... :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home