Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Nick's Honeymoon Journal Day 1 & 2

The "big day" has come and gone, yet its still here. Its 9pm on Sunday the 2nd, and I think I have offically been up for 36 hours straight. But what an amazing 36 hours it has been. We started the day out a little behind, but we got to the church on time. Pictures went ok. But of course first I got to see my beautiful wife. Then Michigan won just like the day we were engaged. Hail to the Victors. Then we wedded and partied. Are those words? I don't care because this is where the day gets long. At 2 am we leave the Oldebekking compound with Gord and Donna taking us to Detroit . I took the first shift driving and some how got us to Brighton with out falling asleep. Gordo took it from there and the wife and I were on the way to St. Lucia. After a layover in Philly we touched down in SL and it felt like it was 104 degrees out. One and a half hour car ride later on a island that is only 28 miles wide and we were at Ti Kaye. But boy what a ride. Only got told once by the driver that I had no proper etiquette because I opened the door myself. Stupid American. Had a welcome rum punch or two at the bar and then went to check out the cottage. Amazing view, awesome bed, comfy hammock and cool outdoor shower. Who picked this place you might ask, why me of course after months of reasearch, at this point its looking like it paid off. Dinner continued the awesomeness that is Ti Kaye. We started with a bottle of wine, the first of many. A French blush wine called Rose D'Anjou. I started with the Spicy Pepper Pot Stew and the West Indies Jerk Pork, yum! I topped it off with the banana fritters. We now lay under the mosquito netting ready to pass out. Have I really been up for 36 hours?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.

Thanks

1/25/2010 7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home